AfriBusiness will on 5 June host a conference called “Prospects for state-proofing business – how firms can succeed when government fails.”
“The role of a state, or so they say, is to create a favourable environment for business. Law and order, stable currency, infrastructure, courts, and so on. But what if states do not foster a conducive business environment, or even undermines it? Is there a way to do something about it yourself? Is there a way to state-proof business?” asks Piet le Roux, CEO of AfriBusiness.
- Dr Frans Cronje (CEO of the Institute of Race Relations),
- Dawie Roodt (Chief Economist of the Efficient Group),
- Prof Philipp Bagus (Professor of economics at Rey Juan Carlos University in Spain; recipient of the 2016 Ludwig Erhard Preis – the premier, annual German economics award)
- Russell Lamberti (Head of ETM Macro Advisors)
- Prof Willie Cronje (Alstom Chair for Clean Energy Systems Technology in the School of Electrical and Information Engineering at the University of the Witwatersrand)
- Piet le Roux (CEO of AfriBusiness),
- and many more.
Here is what you can look forward to
The conference is open to AfriBusiness members and the public. Only 400 seats are available and bookings are essential.
Date: 5 June 2018
Time: 8:00 – 14:00
Venue: Atterbury Theatre, Preoria
Cost for AfriBusiness members: R250
Cost for non-members: R850
Oops! We could not locate your form.